Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Travel plans

Last night I called the airlines to discuss my unusual situation. I learned that there are no seats departing from Hartford or NY until Tuesday. Since we are expecting a blizzard today and probably shoveling out on Thursday, I booked it. They gave me a compassion fare which was half the cost of a last minute ticket and has flexibility in when you depart and return. If I didn't take it I feared they wouldn't have it when I called again and the next ticket agent might not have been so moved by my story. If I get the call that she is coming home on Thursday or Friday, we would need to drive to Florida. I am really concerned about her health, so waiting for Tuesday would be unbearable. When she arrives in Miami, she will be greeted by DCF workers and placed in protective custody. She will be given a bath and any medical attention she needs, prior to my arrival. When I arrive, my paperwork will be reviewed and she will be released into my custody. This usually takes about a day. Stay tuned for more details as they unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment