Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day




Well, I can complain that Aliette isn't home, or rejoice in the fact that she soon will be. So today on this day set aside for LOVE, I am deciding to rejoice in the anticipation of her HOMECOMING. I am happy to report American A. did change the ticket from Tuesday to Friday, but we need to stay in Miami longer (Tuesday)or pay a HUGE amount of money to return any earlier (no compassion fare), so Aliette, my uncle and myself, will need to "rough" it out in Miami staying in a loaned beach house. I keep saying over and over again, God's timing, not mine. He knows what we need, so I'm deciding to follow without protesting (well maybe a little). I need to unpack and reassess, since I packed my suitcase over a month ago, and I really have no idea what is in it! It will be fun to see all the little outfits, baby bows, toys, food, deciding what to put into one small suitcase is not an easy task. Since we will be renting a car, any of those forgotten items can easily be located at the nearest Wal-mart or Target.

Olivia is very excited about Aliette coming home. Any time I leave and return, she asks me if I went to the "meeting" to bring her home. She also is very excited to use Skype. Dinosaurs were put off for another day, grocery shopping and new video took center stage. The water park is sold out, glad I learned this before driving to Waterbury, so we are going to go swimming at the community center after church.

Parting words, hug all you love a little tighter today. Give kisses freely and let people you care about know how much. Lord, on this day set aside to love one another allow peace and love to descend on all of your children. Send a missionary, a caregiver, or fellow orphan to give Aliette an extra hug and kiss today.

No comments:

Post a Comment