Sunday, February 7, 2010

Power cleaning

Well, it is Sunday and I'm still home. Sigh. I've stayed true to my words and I have washed, folded, and ironed about 8 loads of laundry. Not a glamorous thing to do on the weekend, but every sock, pants, dress, and unmentionables are back in their home awaiting the next stain. Aliette's pending arrival forced me to again toddler proof the house. Less than a year ago, I took down gates, removed light covers. Markers, scissors, glue and all sorts of treats had a bins, but what to do with them now? Olivia is very artsy, so she has lots of glitter, beads, and other fun treats any toddler would love to get there hands on. Storage has been my focus all weekend. I have a 3 bedroom cape w/ limited storage, so I need to be creative. I've bought a new DVD holder that will prevent Aliette from access. I've bought a large file box for all of Olivia's cutting, coloring, and gluing supplies. Large baskets for Aliette's toys. Put some larger toys in basement, moved the play kitchen into the dining room (wish I thought of this years ago, Olivia actually plays w/ it more ). I've cleaned out my kitchen drawers, coat closets, and garage. See what happens when you have all this pent up energy and you aren't sleeping much. I'm one focused momma.

New projects /dilemma's to solve:
* where to put hair supplies Aliette has lots of potions and lotions, combs and clips black hair is very, very different than ours (bathroom is tiny tiny)

* new larger table and chairs for the artist in training, one we have is very small and her supplies keep falling off.

* locate 2 solid blue bean bag chairs for the red room, only ones I can find are hot pink or purple or have sports emblems on it.

* small end table to go in my bedroom near the pack-n-play again for the stuff.

Did I mentioned I steamed cleaned the carpets? I only have wall to wall carpeting in bedroom and going up the stairs and hard words on the first floor. My cat always decides to get sick on the carpet at the top of the landing or in center of Olivia's and my rooms. I have a Spot bot which I absolutely love, but sometimes that leaves a stain. So, I borrowed a cleaner from my aunt and after about an hour of intensive cleaning my carpets have never looked better. I didn't move all the furniture, but I got most of it. I guess I can cross off carpet cleaning off of my list. My cleaning lady is going to be impressed with my changes. Fess up, who else cleans for the cleaning lady? My reasoning, you don't want to think you are a slob.

Today, nothing spectacular planned. Superbowl of course and getting ready for school. Suitcase is packed and back in the car, maybe tomorrow will be the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment