Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1st day meeting

I’ve decided I will type my response before I go to post, so all I have to do is copy and paste! Yes, an ahha moment. Where to begin? My Uncle and I left in the middle of the unexpected snow storm Tuesday afternoon. It was just a few flurries in the morning, but by 2 pm, there was about 5 inches when we left, fortunately Bradley only had a dusting, the stormed missed them. We boarded the plane about 50 minutes after our arrival, but needed to get deiced before taking off. The plane to Raleigh/Durham was small, but very comfortable. We landed and only 5 minutes later, we boarded a much larger plan to Miami. Lots of free seats, so we were able to spread out and RECLINE! I didn’t sleep, but rested. We landed about 9:30. We took a shuttle to the rent a car place and were given a red Nissan. They were NO help in putting in infant car seat, but didn’t worry because I thought the police would install. We are staying in a marvelous house in Hollywood, FL. Thank you very much Suzie, for allowing us to visit your lovely home. We will so much more comfortable here than in a hotel! We had breakfast in a local diner, with several members of the police force. Come to find out only 2 people in Hollywood are certified car seat installers, and neither was working today. I still not panic because I believed that someone at His House would help us out. Sure enough, Thomas was able to oblige. Now, for the information you all have been waiting for our first meeting:
Only moments upon my arrival to her cottage, I was able to feed her. She drank her entire bottle and was pretty upset there wasn’t anything left
She liked the few toys I brought
I was able to get her to smile and laugh
She is a love bug, with a beautiful smile
I don’t have to worry about hair, she is “bald” with soft strands of hair
Easy going
Wearing 6-9 month clothes, fit great. She will swim in my 12 month clothes, but I’m sure she will fill out.
Weighs in at 16 pounds

She is staying at His House for another night to receive medical treatment. I’ll be going to doctors with her tomorrow and then, she will be released into my care. After coming back from posting, we went to the best Italian food I have EVER eaten. Carini’s. I wanted Mexican, but navigation brought us here and we weren’t disappointed. Standing room only, but lined moved quickly. Awesome, food, garlic rolls that dripped garlic, calamari, and veal Parmesan. Yummy.

After a month of worry and constant prayer, I am overjoyed and enjoying every minute in my time in Miami. Strangers have welcomed me into their home and I am forever grateful. Aliette is a true gift from God and I am rejoicing at such blessings.

Olivia I love you like oodles of noodles and stars in the sky. Hope you had fun at dancing and McDonald’s. Be a good girl for grandma. Talk to you soon. Give piggy a kiss from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment