Thursday, February 18, 2010

1st day reflection

It is about 9:30pm and I'm one pooped momma, but a happy one. Tonight, she learned how to crawl. Watch out a more mobile Aliette! She is in good spirits despite her labored breathing. She is no longer fighting the nebulizer, thank god. She usually just closes her eyes and falls asleep. She is on a steroid to help and I PANICKED because the directions were to give her a 1/2 teaspoon and I only had a mL syringe. I have mastered unit conversions, but I wasn't taking any chances. I called 5 NCHS science teachers and they were all OUT. What are the chances that all 5 would be out at 8pm on a Thursday, it is vacation after all. Plan two, call the local pharmacy that issued the prescription, only they were closed. Plan three, call my pediatrician in CT. thank God for PHA. I am happy to report, I haven't overdosed the baby on the 1st day of care. A small blessing. Overall, she is a happy baby who enjoys being held, but can play independently for short periods. She will wear head bands and hats, (more photos tomorrow) until she realizes they are there. She likes to cuddle and her favorite activity is taking off my glasses. I really have to figure out how to wear contacts again. Oh well, who needs to see? Going to bed, no 3 or 4 am posting for me, instead breathing treatment!

1 comment:

  1. OMG YOU were the call i didn't recognize!! you should have left a message!!! i never answer unknown #s but i was right there watching the phone ring. SORRY i missed you but glad it all worked out! clare

    ReplyDelete