Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard and no tv

Last year I splurged on a new 42 inch TV during a black Friday sale. My old TV was 19 inch, so when I got this monster home, Olivia was in heaven. All was well until last night when we watching Swan Lake, the TV when poof. No picture, no power, just dead. The DVD, and att box still worked, but TV was dead. Dad came over and confirmed the diagnosis, very ill. Fortunately, I purchased the 2 year service agreement and called the 24 hour service number. I was impressed at my ability to put my fingers on the reciept and manual, after all it was over a year ago. There first available appointment for service was Monday. By Monday, Olivia will be in Dora withdrawal. So sad, new movies purchased for the big snow, lay unwatched and Olivia looks longingly at the TV. A few minutes ago, she called grandpa and told him to bring over different tools and fix her big TV, PLEASE.

It is around 2pm, so far the princess and I have accomplished the following:
* Made blueberry muffins for breakfast
* Vacuumed and mopped the floors
* Stripped the beds
* Folded a load of laundry
* Played a very long game of princess Monopoly
* Played Trouble
* Painted by numbers
* Made lunch and washed the dishes all by herself
* Played the rhyming game.

I wonder what the next 6 hours will hold? I'm praying for a nap, but I think the princess has other plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment