Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MIA

At 5:15 pm, I was contacted and told she was on the manifest to travel on the 8:30 flight leaving Haiti. I was told I would be contacted by someone from the State Dept. with the final details: She is in the air and arriving in Miami. 7:00 no call, 8:00 no call, 9:00 no call, 10:00 no call, 11:00 no call. Well, as you can see it is now 3:30am and there was NO CALL. I went to bed around 10:30 for all of you who worry about my sleep.

What does this mean? Well, two possibilities: One, the plane had mechanical failures and is still in Haiti. Second, she is in Miami, but the nice people at the State Department, didn't want to WAKE me up. Around 8am, I will call my contact and contact the foster care home and see if they can fill me in. I pray she is safe and cozy in a cottage in Miami, but I just don't know. Regardless, I plan on leaving this evening for Miami as scheduled and either scoop her up in my arms or wait for her blessed arrival.

Lord, you are a mighty God. Aliette is a gift that has been chosen to be spared from living in the rubble, instead she will be showered with love and be able to grow strong and healthy. Early in the morning, I need confirmation that she is okay and safe. My nerves are shot and I just can't handle many more delays. Please Lord, I need some good news.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for you:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki...All will be well...today is the day you are finally meeting with Alliet...God Bless you bot...Suzi Covino

    ReplyDelete