Saturday, January 30, 2010

Turned away three times

Guess, the word of the day is frustration. The children have been to the Embassy three times and every time, they were turned away and denied access. I don't understand why, but I sent an email to homeland security asking for an explanation and they promptly sent an email outlining how to get into the Embassy. So I forwarded the information onto my agency and I pray the fourth time will do the trick. You see, the three babies need to go the Embassy, so they can get in line to go home. The other two families have their abandonment papers, but I'm waiting to hear if the orphanage has found mine. When Jefferson and Marta are presented they will be granted parole, but the orphanage needs to show proof that Aliette was abandoned. I know Aliette was an orphan prior to the quake, they would have never referred her to me, so the paper had to have been in the orphanage, but recall the orphanage was severely damaged. I have meet all the criteria for parole so it will be granted if they have the paper! When orphanage staff is asked directly if they have the paper, they respond adoption papers are gone. Now, we don't need the fancy sealed documents I gave copies to the government, we have all of those, but can't seem to ascertain if they have the relinquishment papers. Good grief. I am so ready to get off of this roller coaster. Yesterday was a dark day, doubt and fear began to take root, but today seems a little better. Although it is early in the morning, I fell asleep around 7 pm, so I for me, I'm slept well!

Today we are going to see the dinosaurs at the Yale Peabody Museum with a friend from school. Olivia thinks dinosaurs are for boys, but I think she will change her mind when she sees those magnificent bones. It will be nice to be away from computer for a few hours. Lord, time for another miracle and for news that she is on a plane and coming HOME! Please God.

1 comment:

  1. How were the dinosaurs? I've thought of you constantly since our conversation last night. Glad you could get away from home for a little bit.

    I've been cleaning out drawers and a footlocker full of old clothes. I tend to keep things for many years, not wearing them, just keeping them! Today, cleared out some. Hooray! I love you, Virginia

    ReplyDelete