Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

At 8:02 pm, I received a call from Homeland Security to inform me that Aliette qualifies for humanitarian parole level 2 pending proof of her abandonment. This document is in Haiti, not with me or my agency. So all you prayer warriors out there pray that they can produce the right paper at the US Embassy when they go to secure the children's paroles. Tonight we are one step closer to bringing her home! When might that be, I don't know but soon. During the conference call, they told us to stop worrying and go out and buy car seats!!

Prayer:
God, you are so good. You continue to make a way out of no way. When I go weary, you are my rock and my salvation. Please protect all the orphans in Haiti, may they find comfort in your arms and shelter from the rain and hot weather. I lift up the relief workers and all those who are raising funds to rebuild Haiti. Father God protect Aliette and the others at Maison des Anges as they begin to make their journey to their new homes in the US and I would like to say a special prayer for all of my fellow adoptive parents. After years of yearning, preparing, and dreaming our children are finally coming home, may we all savor and allow the blessings of this reunion to make us better parents and people. Despite all the heartache, joy, and sorrow, I feel so blessed to be on this journey with all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you so much every day....actually took Allie's picture to my office today, and everyone got excited and thought I'd got my referral!! Lots of cooing and "she's so beautiful!"...can't wait to let everyone know she's home! Much love from Texas...Becky

    ReplyDelete