Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hope

Today I attended a two hour phone conference with several federal and state agencies working tirelessly to bring our children home. During the call, rumors were dispelled, and hope was restored, knowing that both the US and Haitian government want those children matched prior to the quake to come home to loving homes. Currently, humanitarian parole is being granted, but travel letters are not being issued. I'm still waiting for confirmation of her parole, but after today's conference I feel she meets all the criteria and we have all the documentation except the relinquishment papers which the orphanage has (I Pray). Dialogue between the US and Haiti's highest officials are taking place and the team today made no promises but were encouraging and hopeful that the children will be released soon. Today tears of joy and relief stained graded mid terms, oh well.

Blessings:
* Renewed hope that Aliette will come home
* All the government officials who are working very hard to unite families. Not an easy job.
* Wonderful colleagues that covered for me while I was on a 2 hour conference call
* Caring parents and teachers who have sent gifts of clothes or gift cards so I will have what I need once Aliette comes home
* Rev. Janet, for praying with me keeping me grounded and centered during these trying times
* MLK prayer warriors whose phone calls make me smile and transport me back to Reston. I miss you all
* For my Chinese adoptive families who email me well wishes and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment