Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rumors

I needed to correct a past post, rumors seem to be spreading like wild fire. People desperate for information long for some solution which seems so obvious to us(waiting adoptive parent). For those who have never embarked on an international adoption, you have no idea what hoops, trials, and sweat we had to get to where are today, a referral of a child. We have devoted months, years, time, and resources to bringing home a Haitian child/children. Although I have never seen Allie or held her in my arms, I love her with all of my heart. She is my daughter and frankly I want her HOME NOW. I fear for her safety and well being if she has to stay in Haiti. I've contacted my senators, congressmen, Dept. of State, and my personal favorite Hillary and have begged them to cut through all the political red tape and make this happen. In a few hours, I leave for an all day church retreat and I will be surrounded by prayer warriors. Although, I have been in constant pray, I'm going to be free from distractions to listen. Listen for Gods healing touch, listen for what to do next, and surrender my worry/doubt to the one who can REALLY move mountains. Today, I rejoice that my daughter and her friends are alive and are being looked after by loving and compassionate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment