Monday, January 25, 2010

2nd Teleconference

Tomorrow at 10:30 EST will be the 2nd teleconference by Joint Council. Haitian government has passed a new law to prevent children who were not orphans prior to earthquake from leaving the country. Guess, some people did not play by the rules. The government will need to approve all children leaving on visas or parole. Although humanitarian parole is still being issued, they are not processing travel documents. This will prolong her homecoming. UGH!

I did hear this morning that Aliette and her friends are doing well, but are looking forward to coming home. The woman who is taking care of them loves them to pieces and I guess is pretty resourceful. Thank you Gladys for taking such good care of our children. I can rest a little better knowing she is in your hands.

Today, I spoke to a staff aide in both Senator's Dodd's and Governor Rell's office. Don't think either phone call made a difference. I did speak to a NCHS parent who is the Director of International Red Cross and she made a note of where the orphanage was and is making sure supplies get to them. Blessings.

Funny, I was all set for a two year wait, and now all I want is for her to come home. Circumstances have drastically changed. Lord, help me to accept the things I can not change. Teach me to be patient and enjoy this waiting season. I thought advent was over! Guess I was wrong.

Stay tuned. I'll update around lunch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment