Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Earthly angels

The other day, I posted I spoke to a parent who works for the Red Cross. She knew of a group of people from New Canaan currently in Haiti helping with relief efforts. She followed up and contacted them explaining my situation. An unexpected call came today around lunch time from a mother of a missionary. Her son was staying at the TABARRE airport and he could see the orphanage from his tent compound. She gave me his phone number and said he was expecting my call. Since I didn't know exactly what to ask for, I contacted my adoption agency and relayed several messages explaining what needed to be done. He agreed to go to the orphanage and help sort through all the papers. The agency didn't have any further communication w/ Haiti and they tried all day. Usually it means things are happening, hopefully good things. If things were bad, they would get word. He will be returning to the states in a few days and have offered to take the babies along, if they get their clearances. Miracles abound. Thank you Lord for sending this Good Samaritian right on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment