Thursday, January 28, 2010

Forever Grateful

Tonight I'm weeping, exhausted, and overcome with gratitude for a complete stranger named Mickey. I mentioned him a few posts ago. Mickey went down to Haiti with a church group as a missionary and a film photographer. He has captured the plight and the resilience of the Haitian people. He has been there since the quake and I know he is ready to come home for a warm shower and a comfortable bed, but he ignored his physical body, and listened to God. He choose to stay in Haiti to help our three babies come home. I have never meet Mickey or his family, but we(adoptive parents) will be forever grateful. Mickey, I am humbled by your sacrifices and knowing that you are holding our little ones bring us such comfort.

Yesterday, Mickey helped sort through mounds of adoption/orphan paperwork that was in shambles since the big quake. Remember, there is close to 100 children at the orphanage. The mound of paperwork was overwhelming for the staff given they are caring for so many children, who are scared, hungry, and needing some love. But his kindness didn't end there. Today, he took the children to the Embassy for visual confirmation. I'm waiting on word as to how it went and if there is word when the travel papers might be issued. Without his sacrifices, I don't know if Aliette would have had the papers she needed or if the children would have had a way to get the the Embassy, because staff is so stretched. Mickey has also offered to bring the children home with him if allowed. Pray for this my friends. His plane is heading to JFK. So close to home and no huge airfare bills for last minute flights.

Lord, please protect Mickey as he continues to do your work. Rock your little children to sleep, and may they continue to be a symbol of HOPE and JOY for the entire world. I ask that soon means tomorrow because I'm really ready for her to come home. Thank you Lord for putting Mickey on our path.

3 comments:

  1. My Dear Nikki
    I am so glad to finally be able to "post a comment". I read the blog several times a day and pray for you and olivia and aliette throughout the day. I know in my heart that this will work out. God has created you to be a wonderful mother and will bring you the children that are meant to be in your care. You are so special to us and we are there to support you, just let us know what we can do.
    Love, Nancy & Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers for you, Nikki, and for Olivia, and especially for Aliette, as this process unwinds with all its frustrating slowness. Prayers as well for, tragically, the tens of thousands of children who have been newly orphaned in the earthquake.

    The Yahoo news server posted this today:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100128/wl_csm/276480

    Much love,

    Bruce & Susy (& Dan and Linnea)

    ReplyDelete