Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Newest Ram

Yesterday was a memorable day. I got both kids ready and in the car by 6:50, to take Olivia to daycare. Only problem was the TV repair man was coming at 8am and I was nervous about traffic and potentially missing him. Being without Dora, Max and Ruby, and our other Nickelodeon friends have been fine by me, but Olivia have really missed her cartoons. So we turned around and waited for our TV savior. He arrived at 8:15 with the proper part and by 9:00 we had our TV. A answer to Olivia's prayers.

Back in the car and heading to daycare, my garage door wouldn't go down. I have an older house, and this is a problem from time to time, so I did all of my tricks, but nothing worked. I left the half up, half down door and went on my way.

Olivia was successfully dropped off at school and I got points because I remembered to stop, wave, and beep as I drove away.

I decided to surprise a few friends at New Canaan HS. They have been very excited to see the little one. I didn't want to disrupt classes, but rather find out when the next faculty meeting was and then have the principal introduce her. Tomorrow begins state testing and Monday's faculty meeting was going to be all business, so we visited with many of the teachers in the hall ways and during free periods. We even saw the Superintendent! She was all smiles and giggles. It was really neat for me to see her with my colleagues from work. I am happy to know my sub is holding his own.

We then picked up the princess and headed for gymnastics. Mr. Rick gave me the article that was written when we were away! Aliette and I went to Quest to drop off specimens and then hit the grocery store.

Arrived home, gave both girls dinner and baths. Olivia watched Dora and Diego, the the little one had her treatment and crashed. Went to bed without a peep.

Life is so good. I can't wait to see what today will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment